Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Why Am I A Real Estate Agent?

I've never given this question much thought.  I had a friend that is a real estate agent over a decade ago suggest that it might be a fit for me.  I am naturally outgoing and I love people - two requisite qualities in real estate.  I was looking for a way to make some extra money on the side and it so happened that it worked out.  With my wonderful husband supporting me along the way, the rest, as they say, is history.

Someone recently asked, "Lynda, why are you a real estate agent?"  I struggled to find a good answer.

"I just am," I wanted to say.  I think I smattered something about loving people and providing a service.  Yes, that is true.  I do believe that I am helping people to find their homes - not just their house.  It is rewarding to get to be so involved in such a major part of people's lives.

Still, that doesn't seem quite a fulfilling answer to the question, does it?

So, I began the great internet hunt for words to better describe my life's passion.

What I found is a beautifully understated quote from Frank Lloyd Wright, a notable architect of the 20th century, that describes the interconnection of form and function, of house and home.
When we come to understand architecture as the essential nature of all harmonious structure we will see that it is the architecture of music that inspired Bach and Beethoven, the architecture of painting that is inspiring Picasso as it inspired Velasquez, that it is the architecture of life itself that is the inspiration of the great poets and philosophers.
— Frank Lloyd Wright
B. Harley Bradley House in Kanakee, IL - Designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
 Visit the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation.


No comments:

Post a Comment